The Governor, through the New River Health District, is providing additional vaccines for Virginia Tech employees.
Vaccinations will be given at the Dedmon Center at Radford University, 101 University Drive, Radford, VA 24141, on
- Tuesday, April 6 from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7 from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 8 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
What to take to your appointment:
- Select Continue To The Sign-Up below.
- Select the day and time you want for your vaccine and click Submit. If a time is grayed out, it means there are no remaining slots available at that time.
- You will receive an immediate acknowledgement in the system and will also receive an email confirmation for the date and time you chose.
- If you need to change your confirmed time, log back into the system and choose the new time. They system will automatically capture your registration for the latest time you have chosen. Your previous time will then be made available to others to schedule.
You will need to take your Hokie Passport or a copy of your most recent paystub to verify employment. This is an employer-based clinic and only employees of Virginia Tech will be scheduled through this system. You should also take a completed COVID-19 Vaccination Screening and Encounter Form
with you to the appointment.
The health district does not know which vaccine they will receive. The CDC advises that the best vaccine to get is the one that is available. If you are not open to receiving any of the three vaccines currently available, please do not register for this event. Click the links below for more information on each vaccine type.
FACT SHEET FOR RECIPIENTS AND CAREGIVERS:
Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
Do not register for this clinic if you need to receive your second dose of the vaccine.
The process for the second dose is to call the NRHD call center (540-838-8222, press 5
for a list of locations for any given week) after you hit the 21-day mark for Pfizer or the 28 mark for Moderna from receiving your first dose to find out where they will be offering vaccinations that week. They are firm and will not give you the second dose until you are past 21/28 days. They suggest getting the second dose between 3 and 6 weeks after your first dose. No appointment will be required. You show up at the location given on either Tuesday
; do not go on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday or you will not be able to receive your second dose. Please take your vaccination card you were given when you received your first dose, your Hokie Passport or copy of your most recent paystub to verify employment, and a completed COVID-19 Vaccination Screening and Encounter Form
For issues using this system contact 4HELP.
Sign-Ups Are Closed